An affordable feast that Mom will devour! Beautifully roasted rosemary-lemon chicken legs along with potatoes, cherry tomatoes and garlic. Served with an easy to make, homemade garlic bread. Show Mom how much she is adored with this savory, flavorful dish!
1. In a small bowl, add olive oil, 2 cloves minced garlic, lemon juice, ½ tsp. salt and ½ tsp. pepper. Mix well. Add chicken legs to a large ziplock bag and pour in the marinade. Mix in the bag until the legs are well coated. Place the chicken in the refrigerator and let marinade for 1 hour.
2. Preheat oven to 375˚ F.
3. In a large bowl, toss the potatoes, tomatoes and garlic in 2 Tbsp. olive oil, ½ tsp. of salt and ½ tsp. pepper until coated. Place in the bottom of a deep 13x9” oven safe dish. Top with the sprigs of rosemary and the chicken broth.
4. Place marinated chicken legs on top of the vegetables, skin side up. Place in the oven for 1 hour and roast until the skin is browned, temperature of the chicken reads 165˚ and the potatoes are fork-tender.
5. While the chicken and vegetables cook, prepare the garlic bread. Line a baking sheet with foil. In a small bowl, mix the softened butter with garlic powder, salt and parsley. Split the bread in half and place on the baking sheet. Slather with the garlic butter and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
6. Once the chicken and veggies are cooked, remove from the oven and put in the garlic bread. At the same temperature, bake for 5-7 minutes until the bread is warm and has soaked up the butter. Switch the oven to a high broil for 1-2 minutes or until the top is browned.
7. On each plate, place two chicken legs along with a helping of pan roasted veggies (including the garlic cloves). Spoon some of the juice from the pan over top of the chicken and serve with a few slices of fresh garlic bread!
~ The industry average price for Certified Organic garlic directly from a garlic farm is $18-22 per pound, not including S&H costs. One pound typically ranges between 5-15 bulbs depending on variety. ~
We are proudly located in Mason, Michigan. Find out where to buy our goods in person here.